TechTalks is an initiative that promotes local entrepreneurs who help strengthen our ecosystem. By inviting the founders to answer some questions, we want to shed light on the most inspiring stories and models of the ecosystem. We hope that by giving startup founders a space to share their knowledge and experience, we will all learn and grow together.
How has your career helped you with setting up your start-up?
Having been passionate and involved with technology since the early days of high school and continuing with my university education in ICT, it has been easier for me to get involved in technology projects and consequently make my first contacts in the ICT world. Normally the first steps were chaotic since passion and knowledge for the ICT sector weren’t enough without discipline and wider information about creating a real business in the ICT sector.
What have been some of the biggest challenges for you?
One of my biggest challenges was creating trust in the final customer that had to pay a considerable fee for a non-physical service. The sale of a non-traditional physical product in Albania had its challenges as it had to convince the final costumer that the investment he was making would be returned at a certain time. On the other hand, even though the services we provided were innovative and out of the ordinary, the fiscal process was no different from other businesses in Albania.
What have been some of the biggest wins of your engagement?
Like any business or initiative, everyone has a specific mission.
One of Almotech’s missions has been to implement innovative solutions in everyday life by offering unique solutions that connect nature with man.
We also aimed at the implementation of a successful model to Albanian youth involved in Almotech making them professionals in their sector.
Through several years of dedication and work, we managed to create a standard for every young person engaged in some form of collaboration with Almotech, and this standard is one of the greatest achievements of Almotech.
What are some of Almotech’s specific needs?
Almotech, like any other ICT-related small business, has its own needs which over the years are getting stronger. I think a very important aspect of any company like Almotech is promotion in the national and international arena. Hence, I suggest the following.
– There needs to be a National level promotion of small companies such as Almotech in various regional, European and international fairs in order to attract as many foreign investors as possible for their services and products.
– It is necessary to create a pool with local Almotech-sized companies that provide local services or products, which can be obtained or subcontracted by the local government so that these businesses can be financially supported for their products, so that we don’t have the urge to get work from abroad.
– Facilities in infrastructure are needed for startups to evolve and grow in the market.
Why did you choose Tirana to establish and grow your business?
I can mention here several reasons:
2) Human resources;
3) The main offices of local and international businesses are located in Tirana;
4) Being the capital city, it has several amenities.
If you want to share your history with our local ecosystem, you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org